These delicious little eggless, dairyfree morsels were made with an attempt to gain more control over portion size (if you can stop at one... chomp...chomp.. num.. num..)
Stuff from the pantry
2 cups raw sugar, finely powdered.
3/4 cup baking cocoa
3 cups self raising pastry flour
1/2 cup ricebran oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
2. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C and either, grease 3 mini cupcake trays or lay out cupcake wrappers in each.
3. Mix the hot water, apple cider vinegar, vanilla bean paste and oil in a big mixing bowl and slowly, fold in the dry mixture.
4. Stir until smooth and no lumps are visible.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to drop measured amounts of batter in each of the cupcake cases.
6. Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or, till cooked through.
Cool completely on the wire rack before icing.
For the icing mix equal parts of Tofutti cream cheese & Dairy free dark chocolate. Add icing sugar if the mix seems runny and difficult to pipe.