I haven't been posting very regularly lately because, I've been busy making a gazillion cupcakes for my little one's 6th birthday to send to school, for the party at home, for the official party for her friends... Whew!!
The good part about vegan cupcakes are that they taste as good if not, better than the egg & dairy ones. Since they cater to most allergies if I leave the nuts out, the cupcakes literally went off like........... hot cakes.
White Vegan Cupcakes, we need
2 cups Self Raising Flour
2/3 cup Raw Sugar - powdered
1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 cup Lukewarm Water
1/2 cup Soy/ Rice Milk, at room temperature (not cold)
2 Tablespoons Nuttelex - softened
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and, set paper cups in the baking tray.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar & baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the center and add in, the melted Nuttelex, vegetable oil & vanilla bean paste.
4. Mix thoroughly. I used the whisk attachment on my Kitchen Aid mixer & mixed for 4 minutes.
5. Slowly ladle out measured spoons into the prepared paper cups.
6. Bake at 180 degrees C for the first 7 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 160 degrees C for the next 12 to 15 minutes. Check with a skewer inserted in the center to check if done.
7. Remove from oven and set on cooling rack. Do not add icing or any toppings before 2 hours.
I used sugar decorations and a simple vegan fondant recipe for the smaller cupcakes and fluffy white icing for the larger cupcakes.