Sunday, December 4, 2011
December Recipe Swap
This month's recipe swap includes one of my favorite foods - Cookies! When Christianna put this up
Around the same time my little girl came along, asking to do a cookie swap in school for Xmas. Monkey Cookies were specially developed for the event, with loads of smarties, vanilla bean and....... Bananas!
1 Cup Mashed Bananas,
1 Cup Raw Sugar, finely powdered.
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste.
3/4 to 1 Cup of Nuttelex.
2 Cups of Unbleached Self Raising Flour.
Lots of Smarties for the top.
1. Beat the sugar and Nuttelex together till creamy.
2. Mix in the mashed bananas with vanilla bean paste.
3. Fold in the flour in by spoonfuls to prevent lumps. Mix gently.
4. The result is quite cake like batter rather than a cookie dough. Roll into logs and refrigerate.
5. Cut and roll rounds of the cold dough and place on a lined baking tray.
6. Set the smarties in at this stage, chocolate chips or nut pieces or dry fruit would taste equally nice. Warm the oven while adding the toppings.
7. Bake at 180 for 15 - 18 minutes, keeping an eye on them.
Serve warm, cold, with milk, with juice, water... You get the drift :)