Sydney presently is having the wettest & the coldest Spring ever, in my opinion. The Current Recipe Swap recipe is for a Hot Slaw with a salad. I'm still craving warm, fattening & stick - to- your - ribs food, at the moment.
So, when I looked at the recipe, for some reason all I could think of was that I used to hate Cabbage as a kid. Hated the smell, hated the texture, hated the feel, everything!! Now, now don't worry... things have changed since.... slightly!!
Here's the original recipe in all its glory - http://www.burwellgeneralstore.com/
When I read through it, I decided on Bubble & Squeak with a creamy dressing, which sounded perfect, given the weather.
So onto the recipe,
A big head of Cabbaage, shred finely
2 medium sized boiled Potatoes
1 Zucchini, grated
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Crushed Black Pepper, to taste.
What to do next,
1. Mash the boiled potatoes.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, saute the zucchini & cabbage till soft & dry.
3. Add the mashed potatoes in & season. Cool.
4. Pat the cooled mixture into small rissole`s.
5. Heat the remaining oil on a non stick pan & slowly coat the pan. Lay the rissole`s carefully, making sure that they are not touching each other.
6. Flatten with the back of a heavy spatula. Turn & cook on the other side, till golden brown on both sides.
Serve hot plain with a creamy dressing (recipe follows), or sandwich between cut sides of a bun for really filling meal.
Tofutti, cream cheese - 1 pack
8 - 9 Tablespoon Soy Milk
1 teaspoon hot English Mustard
1 teaspoon White Pepper
Blend all the above ingredients to a soft consistency & spread either on the bun or, use as a dipping sauce for the Bubble & Squeak.
<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<!-- end InLinkz script -->