To start off the celebration, the lovely Christianna put a Maple Syrup Cake recipe -
I has some leftover Maple syrup leftover from a previous daring bakers challenge and lots of roses blooming in my garden.... So what do we end up with?
I present to you my Rose infused Maple Syrup Cake.
The recipe goes like this,
1/2 cup softened Nuttelex
3 cups Unbleached Self Raising Flour
2 teaspoons Egg Replacer + 1/4 cup water, to mix it with.
3/4 cup Soy Milk
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
3/4 cup Raw Sugar, powdered
2 Tablespoons Rose Infused Syrup
To make -
1. I used a 11 inch Bundt pan sprayed with non stick baking spray.
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
2. Mix Egg Replacer and 1/4 cup water well till frothy and set aside.
3. Mix some soy milk and Maple syrup and, the rest of the soy milk with the rose infused syrup in separate bowls.
4. In a large bowl beat Nuttelex until it is creamy, about a minute (I used my Kitchenaid bowl).
6. Add the sugar in spoonfuls until well creamed.
7. Mix in the soy milk and maple syrup mix in. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
8. Add in the flour, reserving the last 1/3 rd, lightly mixing.
9. Mix the remaining flour with the soy milk - rose infused syrup till the batter looks silky smooth.
10. Slowly add the pink batter into the pan and use a skewer to lightly swirl the pink mix into the batter.
Bake at 175 degrees Celcius, for about 55 minutes, or until done.
To make the Rose infused Syrup, I added equal amonuts of rose petals to sugar and covered with a half and half mix of Vodka and distilled water.
Please check out the rest of my really talented swappers,